Get rid of expired makeup! This is one of the easiest and most important makeup tips ever. Replacing makeup that is old and expired is a key component for your beauty, AND your health! This is important for a few reasons:
First, after the expiration date some of the chemicals in the makeup begin to break down. The SPF sun protection may not be as strong. Other ingredients to protect skin, prevent acne, and minimize wrinkles may weaken or even turn into other chemicals. This could be harmful to your precious skin.
Second, bacteria can build up in your mascara, lipstick, or foundation with repeated use. Pink eye, pimples, and rashes could result. Far from enhancing your beauty and health, expired makeup can cause the opposite to happen. So, take an inventory of your make up right now and replace any eyeliner, foundation, mascara, lipstick, and powder that is expired. Trust me. You’ll be glad you did.
Third, the integrity of some products changes over time. Lipstick may dry out, foundation may become clumpy, and mascara may gunk up your eyelashes. You want your make up to work FOR you, not AGAINST you!
So, get rid of expired makeup. What if your makeup doesn’t have an expiration date? Just consult this replacement schedule: MASCARA – Replace Every Three Months. EYE LINER – Replace Every Six Months. EYE SHADOW – Replace Every Twelve Months. FOUNDATION – Replace Every Twelve Months. POWDER – Replace Every Twelve Months. LIPSTICK – Replace Every Eighteen Months. ALL OTHER FACIAL MAKEUP – Replace Every Twelve Months.
And, when you replace your stock of makeup, click on some of the links provided on this website for some of our great recommendations. Happy shopping and stay gorgeous!
- Tatyana 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara
- Arishine Eyelash and Eye Liner Kit
- Lancome Artliner Eye Liner
- UCANBE Twilight Dust Eyeshadow Palette
- SLAM Beauty Eyeshadow Palette
- Phoera Makeup Foundation Kit
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
- Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder
- Dermablend Loose Setting Facial Powder
- NaQuier Matte Lipstick Set
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Set